MOTIVATION what works or not? TIPS

SPRING SHOWERS ;MARATHONS & WATER

Spring is the usual time that  marathon starts in the city.  There is the world class  marathon with runners from all over the world that is held in April and there are several others also. But I really hate running or jogging, old knee troubles so that is not for me.

So what to do?

MOTIVATION what works?


I have been trying to get my butt in gear , motivate myself to do more exercising the usual exercise  routine (sit.ups, cycling, leg lifts etc)  and more importantly drinking more water.








I was  not much of water drinker before, then I got a taste of some sparkly water with fruit flavours, no sugar added. They tasted great and I of course drank way more water which is way more healthy.  Plus I cut down on diet soda drinks that are not always so good for the system. My one problem was carrying  those heavy bottles from the store was a big chore.





Then we recently got one of those  machines to make your own. What a great thing I refill the bottles several times throughout the day. Add some fresh fruit juice and it is a perfect drink. So it has been worth every euro or penny. SO no more lugging those heavy bottles .























On the topic of exercise and water . In the city (vienna) there is  marathon walk  run to raise awareness of the lack of fresh water for people in Africa.  The woman are the ones that have to carry water for their families 6 kilometres. There is no running water near. So  the marathon is trying to
get running water in places that are really in need of it ,
for the families and children.

Well  when I heard that, it made me realize how lucky we are to have fresh safe water to drink. Lets face it without water no one can live.





So maybe a marathon is on the plan in the next few months. Though I don't run, walking or cycling will be great and it is for a good cause.  


 So that is a good reason for me to get motivated now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A SIMPLE CHANGE - beauty matters

THE PLUS SIDE OF FASHION

THE PERFECT - OUTDOOR HIKING RAINWEAR / FASHION